Where: Brunelle’s Marina in South Hadley
When: This class meets twice a week on Thursday evenings at 6:00 and Saturday mornings at 9:30. (We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early to check-in and get settled). Don’t forget to bring a towel!
Pricing: Our SUP Yoga classes are $35 for 75 minutes and includes your rental of a stand-up paddleboard, paddle, anchor, and lifevest. The first 15 minutes are spent reviewing the fundamentals of paddle boarding, introduction to water safety, and a warm-up paddle to the location. The remaining time is focused on exploring the beautiful waters of the CT River, our yoga practice and going with the FLOW. And yes, there’s a Savasana pose at the end!
Parking: Due to the high foot traffic at the Marina, we ask that our customers park in the gravel parking lot on the far side of the restaurant. A parking attendant will be available for rides to our location.
*Weight Capacity 230-250 lbs, equipment is less sturdy when the capacity is exceeded.
There’s no doubt you’ve seen the stylish pictures of SUP yogis on your Insta feed, rocking bright-colored leggings while practicing yoga on some of the most beautiful waters in the world. You have to admit, it looks like a lot of fun – but it might also look difficult to an untrained eye.
Here’s the big secret: it’s not nearly as hard as it looks! SUP yoga is a skill that almost anyone can learn, and it’s a wonderful way to reconnect with your body and soul. Yoga and Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) go together very well.
Doing yoga on a paddleboard enhances the yoga workout, the paddleboard makes a fine yoga mat, and the peaceful tranquility of floating on the water combines nicely with the meditative nature of yoga.
Your board will be anchored down to keep you in your spot while we have fun and do some yoga. Don’t worry if you fall, the water will catch you! Just laugh and have a good time and enjoy a shavasana as the waves gently rock you. No experience necessary!
- No paddleboard or yoga experience is necessary, but you should be able to get up and down from the ground with ease to attend this class.
- Pre-registration is encouraged to secure your spot.
- Dress in layers, strip down as your body warms up. Wear sunglasses.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check-in and settle in.
- In the case of inclement weather classes will be canceled and you will be given a free re-booking to our next available class. A Paddle N’ Party staff member will reach out and notify all participants in advance for weather cancellations. Updates will also be posted on our Facebook page.
- The outdoors are good For you: Research has repeatedly shown that time spent in nature can improve your mood and reduce stress. In fact, even the act of regularly looking out at an ocean view can improve mental health, let alone actually spending time on the water.
- Yoga breathing is meditative: yoga is a meditative practice for nearly all practitioners, and meditation is a well-known stress reliever. Yogic breathing also has many health benefits, and is a great way to center yourself in times of stress.
- SUP yoga makes you stronger and more flexible: SUP yoga is an invigorating full-body workout engaging numerous muscles from your arms, shoulders, and core down to your legs. Yoga also improves balance and flexibility, so you’ll stand taller and move more gracefully with regular practice.
- Your brain loves novelty: Switching your yoga routine from land to water sends your mind for a loop – in a good way. When our routines change and we experience new things, our cognition improves and our mind becomes more adaptable.
What is the cost?
Our SUP Yoga classes are $35 for 75 minutes and includes your rental of a stand up paddleboard, paddle, anchor, and lifevest. The first 15 minutes are spent reviewing the fundamentals of paddle boarding, introduction to water safety, and a warm-up paddle to the location. The remaining time is focused on exploring the beautiful waters of the CT River, our yoga practice and going with the FLOW. And yes, there’s a Savasana pose at the end!
You can also purchase our 5 Class Pass which saves you $50 on 5 classes. Can be redeemed for any class from now until the end of the season.
Will I get wet?
What should I wear?
Swimwear: on a warm day swimwear is perfect for your yoga practice.
Rashguard: throw a rash guard on top of your swimsuit for extra sun protection. Rashguards will also keep you warmer on chillier days.
Sunscreen/Sunglasses: sunscreen is vital for keeping your skin protected and healthy and your sunglasses should be tethered in case you fall in the water.
What is the age limit?
How many people are in a class?
What is your canncellation policy?
To cancel your class, please send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also cancel your own reservation directly from within your booking confirmation email within 24-hours of your class time.
Weather-related cancellations will be given a free rebooking to our next available class time.
Will you still hold teh class if it's raining?
Can you take photos?
Can you take photos?
Not at all. You will surprise yourself how quickly you learn how to Stand Up Paddle. Just paddling your board is an excellent workout. You’ll also find the progression of yoga and balance techniques you learn will get you very comfortable on your board.
Do I need to know how to paddleboard?
Yes, it is a lot of core work. And, you can do it! You’ll be so focused on the beautiful settings, completely in the moment, surrounded by supportive peers, that you will gain a strong core without meaning to.